Total Pageviews

Sections

Sunday, May 26, 2024

NYC's Failed Bag Crackdown

     Did you know that NYC uses about 23 billion plastic bags per year? Isn't that horrifying? Well, that's why some NY state government officials decided to create a game-changing ban on plastic bags! This law can cut 23 billion bags to zero, and  can save so many marine creatures. Right?

Yeah...no, it really isn't working. What I mean is that this law has many flaws. First, it has many loopholes, too many to list, and then the NYPD doesn't enforce it. Don't believe me? Just go to your local deli. I bet you they'll give you a plastic bag! At the end of the day, I just really hope that New Yorkers realize that their voice on this issue can really make a difference in helping not only us, but also our future generations with the plastic problem.








For more fun and easy to understand posts about the ocean check out my blog.

1 comment: