Total Pageviews

Sections

Sunday, May 5, 2024

A School Project Changed NY Harbor

     Normally, school is seen as a place where you learn and learn about tons of things that are irrelevant to the real world, but this wasn't the case for one New York school. The Brooklyn Harbor School turned an aquaculture project into a project that can potentially filter the entire harbor in just days. We're talking about a project called the Billion Oyster Project! They want to grow 1 billion oysters in New York Harbor. They want to do this project since oysters have sooo many benefits: their reefs can stop violent waves and an oyster can filter 50 gallons a day! Can I remind you that an oyster is the size my palm!!?

Overall, I'd definitely look them up. They're really cool and if you live in New York like me you can probably volunteer. Volunteering will probably be an experience that you'll remember forever. Just check out their website at https://www.billionoysterproject.org/








 

For more fun and easy to understand posts about the ocean check out my blog.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a cool prject. But you better don't eat the oysters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holding yourself back from eating the oysters must be the most dreadful challenge for the scientists!

      Delete
  2. nooooo, I'm scared. I might have eaten some of the oysters from this project and feel really bad about it. It all started with my passion for oysters. I've been from coast to coast always looking to expand my pallet. I have found my love for oysters while visiting Japan's Kyoto seafood restaurant they served fresh oysters right next to the beach with a little soy sauce and wasabi. Although I'm not a huge seafood guy, this and takoyaki (octopus balls) blew my mind. Anyway I've been all over but never to the big apple so naturally I was excited. I was visiting my grandparents house on Rockaway beach. I was taking a stroll when I noticed a little rocky part with a rope attached to it. I followed the rope to the ocean shore and I was quite interested so I ignored all the signs ( don't pass this line, school project spot no trespassing, etc.) I pulled with all my might on the rope but it wouldn't budge. I fetched some scuba gear and went fishing. This is when I couldn't control myself. I found the bottom of the rope and cut it off to whatever it was attached to. when I pulled it up I noticed thousands of oysters attached to it. My gluttony took control. I ate every single one in the span of 4 hours. I now know that this was a project and probably delayed it by 10 months or so. I feel really bad and will now quite eating oysters. P.S best oysters ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny?????? Remember me, it's Jackson. Your favorite cousin. I remember you telling me this story before you went missing. I miss you Johnny.

      Delete
    2. Im sorry Jackson. the government found out about me eating those oysters and wanted me to pay for them. I didn't want to so I fled to Mexico. Im now part of the cartel and working for a man named Gustavo you can visit me anytime.

      Delete
    3. I will Johnny. Where do you live perchance?

      Delete
    4. I live in the casa Frazier estate in Los Cabos visit anytime and call for Jose ( I had to change my name) also only speak Spanish there or they will shoot.

      Delete
    5. I will be there at exactly 3:30 am on march 14 2027 ( that's the only time my schedule is free.

      Delete
  3. I remember one time 1 was scuba diving in some place I forget, and I saw an oyster that was eating kelp or something and since I missed out on my ultra premium large mc Donald's burger, I ate it, including the shell. The salt water was a good seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenny's mom fanpageMay 13, 2024 at 11:04 AM

      OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. Are you the real Lenny's mom???!!!! I LOVE YOUR COOKING. It influenced me to lose weight to I could look more like you <3

      Delete
  4. Bruh. Do you have nothing better to do than spamming my blog in math class!?

    ReplyDelete