Total Pageviews

Sections

Saturday, April 20, 2024

English Royal Family's Strange Passion for Fish

    As an American, I've always thought that the British Royal Family was the weirdest thing possible. But apparently, guys standing in red winter clothes wearing huge rasta caps in mid July isn't weird enough. I mean, I've always found it weird that standing still for 8 hours and being a living tourist attraction is considered a duty of honor. Heck! Even Amazon let's their workers use the bathroom more than the Queen's Guard!

But when you thought that it couldn't get any weirder, it did! Apparently, the Royal Family was bored to death one day so they "honored" some fish to pass time. Take the sturgeon for example, these guys are considered royal fish. This means that if they're caught, it's property of the Royal Family.

Imagine that you are a fisher who only caught sturgeons that day. Then imagine if some royal dude knocks on your door claiming them as his royal property. You'd be pissed! What are you going to eat that night!? Don't be wondering why we Americans left you!

Ocean Bio Blog will be back in early May. (I need my spring recess!)

Additional notes: If you are British to the max check out this link to  learn more about the history of the Royal Fishes and how they varied  between Scotland, Ireland, and England.

5 comments:

  1. How do you find this stuff? Amazing. Enjoy your spring recess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know! But if anyone has ideas for what I should do next just comment on my latest post.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting. I always learn from your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try my best! : )

      Delete
  3. As a British man, I take deep offence to this. you Americans have no idea what respect is towards royalty. You think that the queen, may she rest in peace, only causes conundrums but that is blatant, ludicrous tomfoolery.

    ReplyDelete