Total Pageviews

Sections

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Pacific Electric Rays

     Everyone has heard of electric eels, but today I will shine light on a similar specie that is found in the ocean called the pacific electric ray. Pacific electric rays live near coasts, hunting at night. These underwater fangirls stalk prey until they get close enough to electrocute them. 

In addition to attacking prey, they often chase divers. Given the fact that their zaps can knock someone unconscious, you better run! The good thing is that they are edible if you take their electric organs out. I just want to make it clear that I'm not going to go fishing for one of them.



3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that an electric eel could zap a person unconscious. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UPS! Better avoid swimming at night! Very interesting I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy googly moogly i will sure be careful next time.

    ReplyDelete