Total Pageviews

Sections

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Why would you sink your ship on purpose? Explained

    Did you know that people sink their ships on purpose? People literally say "Alright let's sink a multi-million-dollar cargo ship right here!"

This sounds weird and pointless but there is a reason why people sink their ship: in less than half a year one ship could become a huge life-giving reef! 3 million shipwrecks can be found in the ocean, and they are all teeming with life. These reefs let organisms hide and live in the ship, causing wildlife to boom.

 People sink their ships by taking all the chemicals and fuel out, then they use a tugboat to bring it out. Once they did that, they usually cut open holes in the sides and watch it sink.

                                                     

                                                                   Would I do it? 


If I had a boat, I would do it only if the ship is beyond repair. If I sink a boat I would lose a fortune but on the other hand, I'd make a reef. This is why I would make a compromise with myself to sink the ship only if it's unfixable.

What would you do?   

Comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you! Fantastic post

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must hurt to see your ship sink. But I guess it's better that leaving it on a junk yard..

    ReplyDelete